Announcement of Annual General Meeting - December 10, 2020
Sunnyvale Alliance Soccer Club holds a meeting of the membership each year to conduct business of the general membership
including the vote for the Board of Directors' seats up for election that year.
Each year one half of the seats come up for election as set forth in the
Due to the complications caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the meeting will be held virtually at 8:00 pm on Thursday, December 10, 2020.
Details on how to join the meeting and participate in voting will follow.
SASC is a volunteer run club. The Board of Directors is responsible for maintaining the infrastructure of the Club as well as responding to the needs of our members.
Want to get involved? Have ideas and energy? Want to help our kids play soccer and keep our recreational and competitive programs thriving?
Consider joining our board!
The following Board positions are up for election per our constitution:
- Recreational Director
- Competitive Registrar
- Tournament Director
- Referee Director
The term of a board member is two years. These positions start in January 2021.
Full descriptions for each position are listed in ARTICLE XV - DUTIES OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS in the
Board members are expected to fulfill the responsibilities of their office and attend monthly board meetings.
Only current SASC members are eligible for board positions.
If you have interest in one of the positions or any questions
, please contact:
SASC Vice President, Haruko Matsuda:
The Board of Directors has also approved amendments to the SASC Constitution, subject to ratification by the members, with key amendments summarized below:
- The Membership criteria in Art. III have been modified to exclude coaches and managers from membership unless they are currently a parent
of a SASC player or a member of the Board of Directors.
- Rationale: SASC is a charitable nonprofit established for the benefit of its players and their parents,
where the majority of coaches/managers are volunteers and already members as parents,
but with the growth of SASC's competitive program there are now paid coaches who are employees of the club and do not fall within the scope of intended club beneficiaries.
- Effect: Coaches and managers who are not currently parents of SASC players or members of the Board of Directors will no longer be
considered members of and therefore ineligible to vote on matters presented at the club's General Meetings unless they independently
satisfy the other membership criteria.
Duties of Directors
- The Duties of Directors in Article XV have been modified to include only the legally required, and other essential duties of the President,
Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary, allowing for annual review and adjustment by the Board for the other Director positions.
- Rationale: In actuality, the duties of a Director are not fixed and may vary due to the current demands of the club and competencies of the Director.
- Effect: No immediate effect. The remaining Director positions will continue with their currently assigned duties.
This modification will allow those duties to be adjusted annually without the need for a formal amendment to the Constitution.
Typical Annual Meeting Agenda
- Call to Order
- SASC Board Introduction
- Reading and Approval of the Minutes of the Previous AGM
- Board Member Reports
- Proposals for Changes to the Constitution, Rules and Regulations or procedures.
- New Business
- Election of open Board of Director positions
- Member Questions and Issues
- Good of the Game Statement