|SASC Recreational Soccer Player Registration
This information is for the Recreational Soccer program only.
For details on registering players for a Competitive Team, please see the
Competitive Player Registration Page.
Important Registration Information:
- Registration for Fall 2020 is now open, and will close August 10th.
- We will be announcing if we will have a Fall 2020 Recreational Soccer season around August 15th.
If we do have a season you will receive an Invoice for $150 for the season's cost via email.
You will be required to log into your registration account and pay it within a deadline of a few days in order for your child to play.
We will not start a season unless we know we can complete it. Therefore - the $150 payment, once made, will be non refundable.
- We are planning for a 9 game season with games from Saturday 9/12 to 11/7.
Most teams will start practice two weeks prior to that, the week of 8/31, not before.
If changes are needed to that schedule we will of course communicate them to you with the season announcment.
Parents MUST read this prior to proceeding to the registration website (link below)
Online player registration
must be completed by the child's parent/legal guardian;
no one else can complete a player's registration on behalf of a parent or legal guardian.
Player Age Group
- Registration fees include a complete uniform.
- Registration fees are payable via credit card, debit card, ACH (direct withdrawal) or approved Financial Aid
- (FALL 2020 ONLY) Payment is not charged at time of registration.
- Please use the application form on the SASC Financial Aid page
to submit a request for SASC Financial Aid.
- All requests for assistance will be reviewed within 3-5 days, and applicants will receive an email with further registration instructions.
Please do not continue to the registration site before you receive these instructions.
firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
- The year of birth is what determines the appropriate playing age group
- All players must be at least 4 years old before the first scheduled game.
- Please refer to this Age Group Calculator
- Playing Up - a player can be registered for the next older age group if that challenge is appropriate
- Proof of Age:
- Proof of age documentation is required for all new players to SASC.
- A copy (.jpg or .pdf) of the child's birth certificate or a copy of the photo page of their passport must be uploaded to the registration website.
- No hospital certificates or foreign language birth documents are accepted.
Please contact email@example.com
if your birth document is only available in a foreign language.
- Digital Photo:
- If your child will be playing in 14U or older, you will be required to upload a photo to register.
- This photo must be a head shot with no hat or sunglasses worn.
- The photo must be from the shoulders up and must clearly show your child's face.
- Photo must be in .jpg format.
- Please see photo guidelines information linked here.
- This is not required at registration but will be requested at a later date
- No documents should be mailed to SASC.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions regarding this process.
- Team placement is done according to coach
preference, friend request, and neighborhood. Sometimes a coach has more
requests than spots available, so it is possible your player will not be placed
with the coach you requested. SASC will attempt to keep friends and school
mates together when a team needs to be split due to over-subscription to a
- Practice location is subject to field availability
and coach preference. SASC does not have practice fields available at all
locations for all age groups. Please plan to be flexible, you will be assigned
a practice field somewhere in the city of Sunnyvale.
- The only way to guarantee a specific practice
location or day is to be a volunteer coach for your child's team.
- In case there are not enough players registered in a given age group to be viable,
SASC may have to combine those players with another adjacent age group.
- All refund requests must be made in writing using this form
- Refunds can take up to 4 weeks to process.
- Players who register for the SASC Recreational program and then move to a SASC Competitive program team must email
and also submit a refund request at the above link
- (Fall 2020) Registration fees will only be charged if we confirm we will have a season. You will be required to log into your registration account and pay it within a deadline of a few days in order for your child to play. We will not start a season unless we know we can complete it. Therefore the $150 payment, once made, will be non refundable
Registration Website Link
- For the Fall 2020 season, SASC has moved to a new registration software system (Byga)
- Many of our returning players had their account information moved to this new system already.
Those families will receive an email from SASC asking you to
sign into your new account,
click on 'Forgot Password' and follow instructions to establish your account before proceding to the registration link below.
- Anyone else should proceed directly to the registration link below
- Please note - a player may not register for the SASC Recreational Soccer League if they are also registered for any competitive soccer team (regardless of what club it is, SASC or otherwise).
Please consider volunteering to coach your child's team.
SASC offers equipment, training and lots of support!
The only way to guarantee a specific practice location or day is to be a volunteer coach for your child's team.
Positive Coaching Alliance
SASC is a member of the Positive Coaching Alliance. We
expect all players, coaches, and parents to abide by the rules of fair play and
to sustain an environment that supports our positive coaching culture.
For more information click here.